Saturday, February 1, 2014

small review on Koh-I-Noor watercolours

Here's a little review on the Koh-I-Noor stackable watercolour palettes. I bought them from amazon.co.uk for £7.99 with free postage. 

As you can see from the blow images they come neatly stacked together with a clear lid that doubles up as a palette for travelling or outdoor painting. There are 24 colours all together, ranging from dark black, tones of reds, yellows, greens, blues and a lovely grey shade.



I was surprised by how sturdy the little palettes are, I assumed that for such a low price that they would be low quality, and that they would be sort of bendy thin plastic. I was very wrong! They are made from strong black plastic and they lock together very securely, and they don't budge once they are together.


As you can see from the above image the watercolours are arranged into colour tones, which makes it very easy to single out a particular colour.

The watercolours themselves are very bright, extremely pigmented and are very smooth to work with. they almost have a softer way of blending unlike other watercolours i have tried.

The only thing I was dissapointed in, that there wasn't a pre made purple or true pink colour, but that is really the only negative thing I can think to say about them!

I have really enjoyed using them in my recent work, and I think they will be my most used watercolours! I definitely prefer them over my Windsor and Newton 45 colour half pan set!

Helz Illustrates 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment